The Drum, Wembley accessibility statement
This service is offered as part of the wider Brent council website. There’s a separate accessibility statement for the main Brent council website and associated web platforms and applications.
This page only contains information about www.thedrumatwembley.com
Using this service
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
You should also be able to translate content on our website into a language you speak.
To make our website easier to use, the site uses a tool called ‘Browsealoud, a piece of software which helps people who:
- can't see very well
- are blind
- can't hear very well
- find a keyboard or mouse hard to use
- find words difficult
- speak a different language
You don't have to download or install anything - just click on the ‘speak’ button, located at the top of every page to access the additional toolbar.
It includes text to speech functionality, dyslexia software and a translation tool with over 100 languages. You can also use it to change colour schemes, font sizes and style.
We’re also making the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability:
- make your mouse easier to use
- use your keyboard instead of a mouse
- talk to your device
- make your device talk to you
- make text larger
- change your colours
- magnify the screen
What to do if you can't access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
To help us deal with your enquiry, please try and include as must information as possible, including:
- the web address of the pages you're having difficulties with
- how you are accessing the site, for example on your phone, on a laptop, on a tablet
- If on a laptop or tablet, which browser you are using, for example Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
- the nature of your disability, if any
- a description of the problem.
We will consider your request and get back to you within 20 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, let us know by emailing email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the accessibility regulations. If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
To contact us, please call 020 8937 4340 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
London Borough of Brent Council is committed to making its websites accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due the non-compliances listed below.
Content that's not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
Online maps and mapping services are exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 23 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 September 2020 by Brent Council.
How we tested this website
The test was carried out by Brent Council. We use Siteimprove and Wave automated testing tools to help us monitor and fix usability and accessibility issues as they occur. The web team also manually review and update the site to maintain any parts that automated testing cannot cover.